You are invited to a study day entitled:
‘Practical Mindfulness – To Simply Be’ Workshop
at Newland House, Edgbaston, Birmingham
On Sunday 21st February, 9 30am to 4 00 pm
Cost £20 including vegetarian buffet lunch and all refreshments
Everyone is invited, including family and friends.
Throughout the day we will explore:
- A holistic model of Man.
- How a superficial essence covers up our true authentic essence.
- How the quality of the energy of nature (the Guna) affect body, mind and heart.
- What forces and influences affect us that prevent us simply being our true Self.
- The role the human brain plays in all of this, including a TED talk from an eminent neuroscientist who had a stroke.
- What we can do to regain balance and simply be.
- Mindfulness and Meditation, the difference between the two.
- Practice of Tai Chi, Intuitive Drawing and simple Sounding.
The aim of these workshops is to provide a useful opportunity for students, friends and family to meet together and practice with a little more focus in a conducive, friendly environment, what has been discussed to enable us to discover more fully from a practical point of view what is presented at the evening philosophy meetings. A very useful and enjoyable day for self-discovery.
The day will be conducted in the school’s usual open and relaxed manner, beginning at 9:30am and finishing at 4pm. The cost for the day is £20 which includes a vegetarian buffet lunch and all other refreshments.
Because of the practical aspect of the day the numbers will be limited to 20. The tutor will be David Nock. Doors will open at 9am for registration, coffee and biscuits. You can reserve your place by enrolling below.
Parking is available on both sides of Plough and Harrow Road and the top of Beaufort Road, if these places are taken then there is also free parking in; Waterworks Rd, which is opposite Plough and Harrow Rd down the bottom end-the other side of Monument Rd, Highfield Road (opposite Plough and Harrow Road on the other side of the Hagley Road past the Harborne Road traffic lights, and at Duchess Road Car Park (B16 8JD) – this can be accessed by driving down Beaufort Road and as the road bears right and continues into Huntley Road the car park is on the right (there is a charge for parking here of £1.80 for 3 hours, not sure how much it is for all day).Please allow time to walk to School from your vehicle so we can start at 9 30 am.
Look forward to seeing you